GERR!

GERR!

Saturday, April 01, 2006


• My immediate reaction to a fruit fly drifting in front of my computer’s monitor is to quickly clap my hands together and kill the bug or at least cause it some pain from the concussion. A house fly or spider in the apartment gets the opportunity to be caught and thrown outside. If they resist, a squash and trash can burial is the best they can expect. I’m a monster in their eyes.

It is much too often that we, the dominant species, disregard the rest of the life on our isolated planet. On Earth Day, I like to think about the other life on our planet and remember it is we humans that are causing most of the problems here. As far as we know, the Earth is the only place in the universe where we can exist without being enclosed within artificial environments. We need to take care of our planet and think about all the other creatures too!

No comments: