GERR!

GERR!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

M&M's Dark Movie Game


Last month, I noticed a new TV ad campaign for M&M's Dark. The commercial features the M&M candy as the Addams family. Being a monster fan, I was immediately hooked. When I visited the web site, I found this addictive movie game. Some of the clues are a bit of a stretch: but it is fun to try and work out the visual images into horror and dark movie titles. Give it a try.

This M&M's campaign made me think about what other commercials on TV used horror to pitch their products, Count Chocula, Frankenberry, Boo Berry, etc. Other than at Halloween time, I am at a loss to think or how images from horror are, or have been, used in marketing. Several years ago, the "Got Milk" campaign used a character from Mexican folklore La Llorona, the Weeping Woman. I guess horror and monster fans are too small a demographic to attract the big advertising dollars on general, national campaigns.

No comments: