GERR!

GERR!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bela Lugosi's Lighter

A monster fan sent this link to me. It is a listing for Bela Lugosi's lighter. The email to me said, "Here is something that is kind of cool." I think that is about the correct degree of coolness to express about it. The lighter isn't especially interesting except that it is said to have belonged to Bela Lugosi and that it was given to him by Ed Wood.

I wonder how many oddball, every day items there are in shops that have had some connection to a celebrity or other famous people? What makes those items desirable. I wouldn't be interested in owning a scrap of cloth from Boris Karloff's dining room curtains; but it would be awesome to have the coat he wore as Frankenstein in the original movie.

1 comment:

Monster-Maniac said...

Boris' coat? I'd buy it. A scrap of drapes? No, I could live without that... I think it's a funny matter of proximity... Importance; Drapes etc. Everyone has that. The coat of Frankenstein from the movie worn by the man? Priceless. A lighter is commonplace. If it were his iconic cape, that's another matter. My friend was thinking of buying a straitjacket worn by Jason Miller in The Exorcist III. $5,000. If I had 5 grand to spare, I'd have snatched it up in a heartbeat. Anyway, I seem to have strayed a bit... Yes, that is pretty cool. ;)