GERR!

GERR!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Twas the Night Before Halloween

'Twas the night before Halloween and all through the town,
Every creature was creeping and crawling around.

The pumpkins were grinning, glowing and bright,
In hopes that ghouls would visit that next dark night.

The goblins were nestled down deep in the earth,
To plan and plot tomorrows mischief and mirth.

And I in my coffin and you in your crypt,
Counted sweet candy corn so no one got jipped.

When up on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I oozed from the ground to see what was the matter.


You finish the rest!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When what to my bloodshot eyes should appear...

But Uncle Ernie gobbling orange sherbet soaked in root beer!

Monster-Maniac said...

Sadly, my muse has passed on. This is lovely!

TitusL said...

Twas a worry and a terror that there might be none left,
So i howled like a banshee and he dropped it and left.
And i gazuppled his and orange root beer delight.

Now Halloweens upon us and the ghosts have appeared,
Of my Long Forgotten Ancestors which is terribly weird,
Though i wish well to them all and i wonder what for...
The reason they're here is to prove about it all,
That the realms beyond this life are not dark laced fear,
But the Otherlands of freedom from all earthly tear.

As i rant gnash and wail in my surprise atthis find,
I begin to suspect that Ernie may have made me blind,
Perhaps i am dreaming i said to myself...

Uncle Ernie said...

Thanks for the lines. I appreciate the Halloween spirit!