GERR!

GERR!

Monday, November 17, 2008

First Snow

Out here in Oakland, California, we have been having unusually warm weather for the past several days; and I feel a bit spoiled by the sunshine and warmth. I was talking with one of my brothers this afternoon. He called to report that the first real snow of the year was falling on our hometown, where he still lives, about 50 miles northwest of Pittsburgh, PA. It would be nice if it were possible to just pop in for a few hours or days and then pop back to where I live now.

I check the weather cam at one of that small town's high schools, to see what the weather is like back east.

2 comments:

Pappy said...

Where's your hometown in PA? My son lives in Butler.

Uncle Ernie said...

Pappy, New Castle is, I am guessing, 15 or 20 miles west of Butler (on US 422?). Here in California, that is considered a short drive; but back in the day, my parents would have packed a lunch to travel that far.