GERR!

GERR!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Pumpkin Beer

My beer intake during a typical year is only one or two bottles, and I have never tried a pumpkin beer. It is the taste of alcohol that I dislike. Oddly, the heaver bodied wines and beers I usually prefer have the higher percentage of alcohol.

Last summer I did drink a heavy textured beer with coffee in it, Kona Moon Porter. It went very well with a dinner my friends had cooked. With my love of all things pumpkin, I am very tempted to try a pumpkin beer this upcoming Halloween season.

Like with choosing an unfamiliar wine, I may be influenced by a label when making a choice of one to try.

Welcome to AUTUMN 2011!






UPDATE:


I was in the supermarket and saw this pumpkin beer from a local micro-brewery. I bought a 6-pack that will last me a few years… unless I use some of it for cooking.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Very cool labels. Places like World Market and Central Market sell single bottles.

Uncle Ernie said...

I will check out World Market. Have you ever tried any? I wonder if they taste like pumpkin or pumpkin spices.

Kris said...

No, haven't tried any.