GERR!

GERR!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Greatest Adventure #42

Another one of DC's anthology comics from the same period as House of Mystery and House of Secrets was My Greatest Adventure. It began being published in 1955 and continued until it's last issue ,#85, in 1964.

The hook for the stories in My Greatest Adventure was that they were originally told in a first person narrative style. With the introduction of the superhero team, The Doom Patrol, issue # 8o, in 1963, the book took on a different direction. The book stepped away from being an anthology of fantasy, sci-fi adventures and took advantage of the increasing popularity of superheros.

With my attention span of a knat, I am a fan of the anthology format - short, direct and entertaining stories.

art @ DC Comics


No comments: