GERR!

GERR!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Orphan Works Act of 2008

Here is a response by Senator Barbara Boxer's office to my letter about the Orphan Works Act. It almost sounds like she is trying to distance herself from any responsibility in the matter.


Dear Mr. Kwiat:

Thank you for contacting me regarding S.2913, the Shawn Bentley Orphan Works Act of 2008. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, "orphan works" are typically defined as copyrighted works whose owner cannot be found. S.2913 seeks to limit damages in copyright infringement cases for users exhibiting orphan works.

This legislation is currently being considered by the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. Rest assured, I will keep your views in mind should S.2913 come to the Senate floor.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me again about any issue of importance to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Standard response from an elected official. Doesn't sound like she's "distancing" for some diabolical plan, I think it's just Not My Job, Man. So, find out who is on the Senate Judiciary Committee and send copies of your letter to them. For extra added flavor, include a copy of her response!