GERR!

GERR!

Wednesday, October 04, 2023

CookieDoodle #7



I haven’t tested the strength of my dental work by chewing any bubble gum in a couple of decades.  As a kid, it seemed that it was not too difficult to find a cube, in various progressions of hardness, of Bazooka Joe in a pants or jacket pocket.

A unique feature of Topp’s Bazooka Joe was the bubble gum’s wrapping papers that had a comic strip printed on them. Even as a child, the gags were not very funny, but I still always read them. I made a CookieDoodle in a similar style to those old bubble gum wrappers.

Originally, I wanted to use the title for this Cookie Monster version of bubble gum “Bazookie Monster.” I Googled “bazookie” just to check if that word had some meaning. It turned out “bazookia” is a hybrid strain of marijuana, a hybrid of Bubblegum and Girl Scout Cookie strains. I guess another type of wrapping paper would be used there.

No comments: